- This event has passed.
Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport
March 7 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This is a UK Coaching workshop, designed to safeguarding children in sport. The Jersey specific referral system will also be included
This course is intended for everyone who works with children either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
The aim of this course is to raise participant’s awareness of the risks to children through abuse, and for them to gain an understanding of their role and responsibility in safeguarding children.
By the end of the course the participants should be able to:
- Understand what is meant by the terms ‘Safeguarding’ and ‘Child Protection.’
- Recognise how society’s beliefs, values and attitudes towards children and child abuse have changed over time
- List the four main categories of abuse as well as their signs and indicators
- Identify barriers to safeguarding children and young people
- Respond effectively to concerns about the safety and welfare of a child/young person following their own agency and SPB policies.